"She grants eternal life to believers, but no one knows the price to be paid for this"
|Character Day||October 2|
Yidhra conceals herself in dreams. She moves extremely fast, but can’t interact directly with map elements, and survivors will not see her true face. Yidhra comes with a follower which is visible to all survivors and cannot be removed. This Follower follows Yidhra’s footsteps and is never far from her.
It is said that Yidhra has existed on earth before the emergence of the very first microorganism. As billions of years passed, Yidhra acquired a unique ability from the changes that took place around her, devouring creatures to acquire their characteristics. Yidhra can, therefore, divide herself into different aspects, though each part shares her consciousness. Merging themselves with Yidhra gifts her followers eternal life. She often hides her true form through powerful images, with only summoned followers being able to see it.
|Hidden Dream||Yidhra conceals herself in dreams. Her Movement Speed is extremely fast, but she isn't able to interact directly. Survivors will not see her true face;
And she cones with a Follower that cannot be removed. This Follower follows Yidhra's footsteps and is never far from her.
|Follower||Yidhra creates a Follower near a chosen Survivor.
The summoned Follower's existence is dependent on its host and is unable to leave its host.
Attacking Yidhra will cause the Follower to disappear and the Survivors can remove Followers using the Witch Mark.
Followers are affected by Talents and have their own cooldown period for secondary skills.
Follower's movement and directions are controlled by Yidhra and only when Yidhra possesses will it show a Fear Radius.
|Witch Mark||Yidhra leaves a Witch Mark when she creates a Follower. Survivors can pick up the Witch Mark and use it to remove Followers leeching onto self and Teammates. However, removing followers from self consumes more time. For each additional 1/2/3/4 Survivors that Yidhra leeches onto, the time required for a Survivor to remove the Follower leeching onto them will be reduced by 0/5/10/15 seconds. When 0/1/2/3 Survivors have been eliminated (Excluding those who escape), the time required for a Survivor to remove the Follower leeching onto them will be adjusted to 35/30/20/15 seconds.|
These are four Abilities that are unique to The Dream Witch:
|Leech||Hold the button to select a Survivor without a Leeching Follower, and spawn a Witch Mark and a Follower at the location. The skill cooldown will be decreased when the Follower hits a Survivor.
Cooldown: 75 seconds
|Preach||Tap on the wheel to control Followers. There is a short cooldown between each control. Followers cannot change targets while casting a skill or attacking.
Cooldown: 2 seconds
|Assimilation||Significantly decreases the cooldown of Leech skills.
Cooldown: 45 seconds
|Martyr||Increases control of Followers to significantly increase the Followers' movement radius.
Cooldown: 2 seconds
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||858 Echoes or 4508 Clues|
|Worn Clothes||Complete Character Deduction quest 9 Transaction to get.||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|Vajytte||S4 Essence||Words are powerful beyond your imagination. Listen to my whispers and follow me to your destiny.||N/A|
|Kawakami Tomie||Junji Ito Collection||A pretty, arrogant girl with infinite multiplication ability and demonic powers.||2888 Echoes or 12888 Clues|
|Picture Girl||Junji Ito Collection||She is beautiful and charming, but after she was enchanted, she sees another scene.||1388 Echoes or 4888 Clues|
|Serpent||Memory Sphere Season 10||My child, perhaps at the moment your ancestors made their wish, you should have known that the deity wouldn't tolerate even the slightest of deception.||N/A|
|Reversed Judgment||Call of the Abyss III Champion Costume||Glory stands eternal ans shines with excellence.
Exclusive Club Gr COAIII Champion Costume.
|Incarnation||N/A||You can't keep running, but you can't escape. I have a real god behind me.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Siren||Memory Sphere Season 7||Come on, now. Follow the master's song and sail into your dreams.||N/A|
|Moon Servant||Lunar Festival 2019||The once highly looked upon Moon Servant has been cast out of heaven because she lost the rabbit. After thousands of years of resentment, she's gradually losing her noble heart.||N/A|
|Revolutionist||Memory Sphere Season 9||Hiding in the depths of the church, does the mysterious Revolutionist represent the true source of the Bloodline? She abandoned the Bloodline and became an outcast, trying to spread the power of the Bloodline to other living things.||N/A|
|Heat Wave||Memory Sphere Season 11||A dancer from hell with infinite energy. Her admiration for the performer resulted in the visit. Her coiled tail bounces like flames when she dances. The surrounding temperature rises as she performs, generating heat waves one after another.||N/A|
|Vine||Memory Sphere Season 13||Non-stop bellows emitted by the experiment created by the combination of alchemy and medicine have become the most peculiar accompaniment of the lyre, until the resulting vine fills the gaping wound...||N/A|
|Broadcaster||Chasing Shadows||Being the broadcaster is just her way of staying informed of the races. If those playthings roam blindly in her nightmare, they won't be able to get near her at all. Obtainable through [Chasing Shadows] mode.||N/A|
|Ice Crystal||Memory Sphere 9||The work of the craftsman from Snow Kingdom exudes a strong chill every moment.
||788 Echoes or 2988 Fragments|
|Shadow Doll||Memory Sphere Season 6||The Doll that was created by the Dream Witch based on her own dreams gives people chills.||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Graffiti||Muse Mark||Already Equipped||The Graffiti content for all survivors and hunters, Muse Mark|
|Graffiti||Pickaxe -Cartoon||Dream Witch's Exclusive Graffiti, Pickaxe Cartoon|
|Emote||Threaten||Memory Sphere Season 6||Threaten Motion, exclusive to Dream Witch|
|Emote||Rolls 4-Sided Dice||4-sided Dice Enthusiast
|Rolls 4-sided Dice Motion, exclusive to Dream Witch|
|Default||Already Equipped||Hunter's default motion in matching room|
Character Day Letter
Lakeside Village Investigation Report
Dear Miss Gilman:
As we still haven't made contact with Volcker, we've sent a new investigator, Chris, to the Lakeside Village to continue with the investigation.
The following is Chris' original report:
December 3. I arrived at the Lakeside Village but didn't see any locals. I found Volcker's luggage and subsequent investigation reports in the house where he stayed. I notified the local police and found out that there was a fire in a plantation near the Lakeside Village on September 26. The Lakeside Village locals bravely put out the fire but no one has seen them since.
December 4. I went to the plantation for further investigation and found a place where a sacrificial event seemed to have taken place. I found some giant scales in the ashes of the bonfire. It seemed like there was a sacrifice of live animals. At the same time, there were abnormalities in the river inside the plantation. A large number of plants have wilted in that area, but the source of pollution remains unknown.
December 5. I went to the lakeshore to investigate. I threw raw meat and livestock into the lake but didn't see any giant shadow as mentioned in Volcker's report.
December 6. I went to the cave mentioned in Volcker's report. Everything seemed normal. It's just an abandoned mine.
As there are no longer any residential activities in the Lakeside Village, Chris is of the view that further investigation is not warranted.
All the best.
- Her character day is October 2nd.
- The things that she is skilled at and the things she hates are unknown.
- She is interested in transforming organisms.
- She likes novel creatures.
- Yidhra is based on the Outer God of the same name of H.P. Lovecraft. She also resembles a character from Indonesian mythology, “Nyi Blorong”, who is also depicted as a beautiful woman with a snake's tail instead of legs.
- The only thing Yidhra can do without the aid of her followers is vaulting windows and repairing broken Rocket Chairs.
- One should note that blocking windows and confined spaces with the main body is possible.
- The main body can't get hit by the train in Eversleeping Town, or by anything in general.
- The Dream Witch's background and deduction target story imply that the followers are men and women that somehow got captured by Yidhra and after becoming her servants, suffered metamorphosis to look very similar to Dream Witch, but still retain human traits like their legs.
- Yidhra's Toy standby animation shows that the followers do not like her. One follower tries to attack her with the pickaxe, only for Yidhra to throw away their weapon and make the follower disappear.
- Yidhra seems to enjoy torturing her followers. She laughs when a follower is hit with a pallet and she also does not hesitate to "discipline" rebel followers.
- While controlling followers, Yidhra is actually possessing them. This is explained on her lore and even shown on her concept art.
- While she was developed, the fact that she was going to get released with the map Asylum made a lot of players believe that she was the Gardener's dead mother which was trying to get revenge on the Doctor for accidentally killing her. However, it was disproved by the reveal of Dream Witch's name (Yidhra) and her lore.
- Yidhra seems to see the matches was only a game; she's always smiling the whole game, but being stunned can make her infuriated sometimes.
- The servants have similarities to Martha from the horror game Outlast 2; Both have religious themes, carry a pickaxe, and use black clothing. Also, concept art shown the servants with veils just like Martha.
- Concept art of Dream Witch look similar to Medusa and Two-headed snake, both hunters that, at the moment, aren't confirmed to be added to the game.
- Yidhra can be considered a spiritual successor of Medusa and Two-headed snake; she wears a blindfold like Medusa and her hair is similar to snakes, and her body is very similar to Two-headed snake.
- It's implied by Yidhra's deduction target that she may have directly or indirectly caused the Evil Reptilian's transformation.
- Yidhra and Hastur are by far are the most powerful entities in Identity V lore.
- Oddly, both hunters' motives to be in the game are unknown.
- Yidhra have a very arrogant, manipulative, sadistic personality. It's further shown by many of her costumes descriptions and lore.
- One of Yidhra's accessory, Shadow doll, is a reference to the Slenderman.
- Yidhra is a witch who specializes in illusions, black magic, curses and etc. This is even showed by her Just Deserts animation.
- Dream Witch and her servants do not make any sounds on the waiting room; only special sounds play.
- Yidhra final concept art shown her with 3 images; the servant, her base appearance and one appearance with lighter hair; no blindfold, revealing black eyes with purple pupils. However, that form was never implemented. It's theorized that in that form she could directly damage the survivors.
- Despite smiling constantly, it is shown that Yidhra can open her mouth to reveal sharp teeth in an ear-to-ear smile. It may be an allusion to her snake-like nature and her ability to devour life to gain its characteristics.
- Beneath Yidhra's blindfold she has pure purple eyes; her avatar also shows that her eyes glow very bright.
- The description of the accessory "Shadow Doll" description claims that even Yidhra can sleep and have dreams. However, is unknown if she needs to sleep or if she does it by mere pleasure.
- You should leech a follower onto a survivor when your spawn follower is closer to the main body, that way if you hit the survivor you can still pursue them.
- Followers have their own separated cooldown, you can abuse it with certain skills like abnormal, patroller and etc.
- Equipping patroller is a valid choice since you are hindering the amount of space between you and the survivor
- If you have the talent Trump Card it's recommended to switch to teleport when all ciphers are complete.
- When you leech onto a survivor you will be able to see them in red through walls. Strike them with the spawn follower or another leeched follower that is leeched into someone else. If you lose track of them and they haven't taken off the witch mark, you can follow the red outline.
- When the spawn follower is coming back to you and the main body is right next to someone you can try to get a Terror shock since the followers (when not being controlled) don't have a fear radius.
- If the spawn follower is far away from the main body that its right next to the edge,go out of range and let the spawn follower come to you. You won't waste any time!
- Teleport is only viable at the end of the game, using it at early game is not advised, since Dream Witch basic follower will come back to her if she teleports far away from the main body, and Dream witch has to wait for her follower if she teleports, plus wasting time and alerting the survivor about her presence, thus making them have time to escape.
- Dream Witch can easily put 2 or more survivors in a chair if they are in the basement, it's generally better to put the spawn follower on the upper floor, that way Dream Witch will not need to move the follower out of the basement.
- Always leech a survivor on a chair, it will increase your impact and in certain cases, you can camp the chair while finding other survivors far away.
- Hiding the Witch mark is not recommended, since survivors can see them highlighted in white anyways.
- But try to put them in places where survivors will have to go out of there way to get them or just farther away, just prevent them from picking it up right away
- Do not leech a survivor that you will not purse at the beginning of the game, they can easily cleanse it.
- Mind's Eye can be easily terror shocked if alone on a cipher, make your spawn follower go after her while not possessing, this will make the Mind's Eye don't see the follower because of her low field view and lack of heartbeat and red stain of the follower.
- Dream Witch and survivors cannot jump windows the same time, use this to body block a survivor and having a free hit. Try to predict where survivors will think you're coming from. There are a ton of places where survivors only look at on each map. Come behind them when not possessed and terror shock them on a cipher.
- She can put followers in front of cipher machines to keep survivors decoding them. So you can change to abnormal when the last three ciphers are close together. This way you can make it nearly impossible to decode the last cipher and give you a good chance at winning.
- In case of Tide Turner, hit the rescued survivor and intentionally make their leech run out of range. This causes the leech to automatically track them and once they're down you can easily pick them back up which saves you some time.
- Always stay attentive at the early game for the follower, if you see her, stop decoding immediately to prevent being Terror Shocked.
- Listen closely, a inactive follower may not have a heartbeat but when they're moving you hear their axe scraping on the ground
- Try to not go in a straight line since the Dream Witch can just set the follower to go forward.
- When leeched you can intentionally let the leech touch you to stop their auto-movement but only if somebody is already in a chase otherwise it's too risky.
- Don't try to stun the followers if there are two around you since the Dream Witch can switch right before getting stunned.
- Only remove the mark if Dream Witch is pursuing another survivor. Also, try to let another survivor remove the mark, it will make the cleansing time drastically shorter than removing it by yourself.
- The best way to counter Dream Witch is by removing her mark when she's not pursuing you. It will negate her multi-tasking, making her way less dangerous to the survivors.
- One should note that followers that Dream Witch is not possessing can't attack you. However, it's still a better idea to remove the mark before completing ciphers, since the inactive follower can easily terror shock a survivor if the Dream Witch possesses her.
- Do not go near an area with more than one follower, especially if they are close. This will cause you to be easily downed by the Dream Witch.
- Focus on completing ciphers, Dream Witch can easily find survivors without them knowing. So hiding is not a good idea.
- Hiding in lockers is useless since when you are leeched you appear with a red aura for the Dream Witch.
- Do not try to hide with Explorer if leeched, the same applies to survivors that are using the book.
- The leeched follower can't see the first officer when he is using his illusion.
- The leeches follower can see magic Timon when he uses his can. But still, be careful.
- Her hit box is quite small (but not as bad as Geisha’s) circling her when she’s trying to hit sometimes works.
- In late game, survivors can cleanse themselves until there is only a fraction left, then trick the Dream Witch into chasing you with that follower. You can self-cleanse the follower when the witch is about to land a blow on a you, thus disrupting her and let yourself get away more easily. As a bonus, the Dream Witch cannot leech you when you have a follower.