Survivors are Characters in Identity V .
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Survivors' task is to try and escape from the Maps in which they are trapped. In order to do so, Survivors must complete the following tasks:
- Decipher 5 codes with Cipher Machines to find the password to the Exit Gates.
- Open at least one of the two Exit Gates by typing in the password on its Switch Box for 20 seconds.
- Leave the Map.
Even though Survivors are vulnerable, they have a very useful set of core abilities to hide and escape from the Hunter.
List of Survivors[edit | edit source]
There are currently 30 playable Survivors.
List of Survivor Items[edit | edit source]
|Controller||Elbow Pads||Flare Gun||Flashlight||Gulliver's Travel||Euphoria||Map||Rugby Ball||Syringe||Toolkit||Decoy|
List of Survivor Traits[edit | edit source]
Survivor Types[edit | edit source]
There are four types of survivors. Those being Assist, Contain, Decode, and Rescue. You can learn more at Survivor Types.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Try not to have two of the same characters in your team. Have characters with different abilities so that at least one character can be assigned to every task (decoding, rescuing, kiting etc.) to increase the chance of winning.
- Know your surroundings; try to memorize the best places in the map to kite and decode and where the dungeons and basements can be.
- There are two locations on every map where the basement can be. If the basement is not at one of them, it is at the other. Try to avoid locations near the basement while decoding as it is hard to escape after being chaired in the basement.
- There are three locations on every map where the dungeon can be. The dungeon opens when at least two cipher machines are decoded and there is only one survivor left. It does not matter whether the rest of the survivors have been sent off by the rocket chair, escaped through the exit gate, bled out or early quit, as long as there is one survivor left, the survivor can escape through the dungeon.
- The Hunter will guard the dungeon if they know where it is, so be sure to form a strategy before going to the dungeon, dashing head first towards the dungeon will result in the hunter hitting you easily.
- Do not hang around the exit gate, especially if a teammate is asking you to leave. They might be at the dungeon and be able to escape if everyone leaves. This can be the difference in a tie and a win or a tie and a loss.
- If the exit gate is open and one survivor is chaired and the others are at the exit gate, do not go and save the survivor on the chair. The hunter is likely to have detention and having a three escape win is better than risking a win to save one last teammate. Escape immediately if your win is assured.
- Learn different ways to counter hunters, for example, juking, tight-kiting and transitional kiting.
- Do not save a survivor immediately after reaching the rocket chair. Pretend to untie the survivor, but pull out to prevent yourself from being terror shocked. You can also circle around the rocket chair and juke a bit and lure the hunter to hitting you or the rocket chair. Use the time frame when the hunter is recovering from hitting you or the rocket chair to save your teammate.
- Always body-block your teammate after rescuing them to buy more time for them to escape. It is better to risk getting injured yourself than having your teammate get chaired again and sent off faster, losing a player in your team.
- Always have someone decoding a cipher machine at all times. Do not all go for the rescue. Use your messages to send signals like "focus on decoding!" or "don't move, I'm coming!" when you plan to rescue your teammate so others know to focus on decoding. If you see these messages from your teammates, focus on decoding. The goal of survivors is to decode and escape so having three survivors rescue one is detrimental to the team as no one is decoding and no progress is made towards escaping.
- Remember to heal. Hunters with the Deteriorate persona cause survivors to decode slower while hurt, so it better in the long run to heal before decoding. Additionally, Hunters with the Panic persona cause the whole team to have a decoding debuff when someone is hurt, so it is better to heal.