|"This used to be a small prosperous fishing village, but now the waves on the stony beach bring only the wreckage of the past." -- Rumor|
Lakeside Village is a map available in Identity V. It is one of the 8 currently available maps, and takes place in an abandoned fishing village. The prominent color palette of this map is green. It was released on August 23rd, 2018.
On a cold winter night, a hurricane raided the mountainous area near Lakeside Village. The tornado threw a hunter on the mountain into the lake. He struggled to swim to the shore, only to find that Lakeview Village was no longer going to see the sun. In the faint moonlight, the thatched cottage swayed, and the hunter did not see the bustling crowd and did not see any signs of life. He noticed a flame burning in the distance, but only found a pot of burnt stew when he inspected it. Whoever used the pot had disappeared without a trace. The warm and lively thatched cottages in Lakeview Village have been replaced by silent silence.
Experienced hunters spend a lot of time in the forest, and all he saw in the Lakeside Village were abandoned boats and unattended fishing tackle cabins. The hunter tried his best to stay calm and eventually walked out of the village with tenacious willpower. In order to understand everything that happened in Lakeview Village, the hunter publicized what he saw. At this time, the nearby villagers suddenly realized the real reason why the villagers in Lakeview Village no longer participated in the market. No one knew where they were going, and no one was willing to step into this unknown village.
The dungeon has a total of five possible locations to spawn around the map:
- In the center of the small market area on the shore.
- Next to a large boulder near the ramp that leads to the second floor of the shipwreck.
- Near a large boulder that is close to the Southeast exit gate.
- Next to a small building near the boatshed.
- Next to a windmill at the middle-left of the map.
- This map is the only map where players can receive temporary perks for the rest of the match.
- The Lakeside Village's sky is the only sky that produces an effect which is the constantly glowing aurora.