"Although Helena lost her vision due to a disease, she can still perceive the outside world through hearing. In this game, she firmly grasps her cane, seeking a way to victory."
"Though the world is only black and white, I still hope others can see me shine bright!"
|Career||The Mind's Eye|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Helena Adams is a blind woman, possessing a cane to locate various objects around her. Because of this, she cannot carry any items except for the cane. The only exception is in 2v8, where all survivors are allowed to hold two items.
Her personal external trait, Echo , allows her to locate the Hunter, Cipher Machines, and any moving survivors. The strike of her cane will cause a loud thud heard throughout the map to all players. Her vision is very limited, and colours are dulled. When she strikes her cane, she grants herself temporary vision. However, the hunter can use the direction of the sound from the strike to locate the Mind's Eye.
She is able to see the red outline of Hunters through walls when the Hunter is in close range, allowing her to be excellent in kiting in areas with walls. By twisting your camera angle to always see the Hunter through walls, you can loop them easily.
Her decoding speed is the fastest in game but her vaulting speed is the slowest. Try to not be found at the start of the game to maximise your decoding potential. Make sure to decode at a good kiting area (with pallets and walls) to avoid being downed quickly (avoid open areas).
Background[edit | edit source]
Helena lost her vision in a fever when she was 1 year old, but she still learned how to read and write from her parents and a tutor. However, Helena has a greater ambition: getting a college degree. Can the owner of Oletus Manor pay for her tuition? That's what the braille invitation letter suggested, at least.
External Traits[edit | edit source]
|Echo||Continuously detect nearby Hunter's location while moving. Using the skill will allow players to know the Hunter's location on the entire Map.
How to use
Auto Tap Tap while moving constantly. Tap on the Ability button to Strike the ground.
Uses the sound waves produced when she taps the ground with her Cane to locate the position of the Hunter.
When she strikes the ground with her Cane, a sound wave sweeps across the Map revealing the Hunter's position, which is shared with Teammates. Decoded Cipher Machines and moving Teammates can also be detected.
|Mind's Eye||Blindness has sharpened the other senses of The Mind's Eye. When she decodes Cipher Machines, almost no Calibrations are triggered and her Decoding Speed is increased by 30%.|
|Fragile||Physically weak. Obstacle Vaulting Speed is decreased by 30%.|
Deduction Target[edit | edit source]
Birthday Letter[edit | edit source]
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Graffiti||The Mind's Eye - Cartoon||N/A||The Mind's Eye's exclusive Graffiti, Cartoon|
|Graffiti||The Mind's Eye - Silhouette||N/A||The Mind's Eye's exclusive Graffiti, Silhouette|
|Graffiti||Cane - Colored||N/A||Cane Graffiti, Colored|
|Graffiti||Cane - Grayed||N/A||Cane Graffiti, Grayed|
|Graffiti||Nightingale - Grayed||N/A||Nightingale Graffiti, Grayed|
|Emote||Hush||Already Equipped||A motion that means hush.|
|Emote||Advance||N/A||A motion that means advance.|
|Emote||Confused||Rank Treasure||A motion that means confusion.|
|Emote||Hurry Back||S1 Memory Sphere B||A motion that asks teammates to hurry back.|
|Emote||Shout||Scattered around the corners of the manor. Explore now.||A shout motion, exclusive to Mind's Eye.|
|Emote||Lie Down||Scattered around the corners of the manor. Explore now.||A lie-down motion, exclusive to Mind's Eye.|
|Emote||Throws Snowball||Abyss Treasure||Throws Snowball Motion, exclusive to The Mind's Eye|
|Emote||Dance||Memory Sphere Season 5||Dance Motion, exclusive to The Mind's Eye|
|Ready||S1 Memory Sphere A||The Mind's Eye's motion in matching room, Ready|
|Snooze||???||The Mind's Eye's motion in matching room, Snooze|
|Stand||S1 Memory Sphere B||The Mind's Eye's motion in matching room, Stand|
|Salute||S2 Essence 2||The Mind's Eye's motion in matching room, Salute|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When the Mind's Eye uses her skill, everyone (including the Hunter) on the map hears two sounds: the first one is directional and approximately reveals her position, the second one is the echo and it doesn't reveal any info.
- You have an extremely important decoding buff, so the Hunter will likely focus on you if they find you. For this reason, DO NOT use the skill near your cipher at the start of the match, because if the Hunter is using headphones, the first thing they'll do is coming towards your direction and chase you. You should use the cane only:
- Far away from the cipher you are at;
- When you finish a cipher;
- When the Hunter is focused on chasing someone else;
- When you're decoding and you start to hear the heartbeat (in this way you know in which direction the Hunter is coming and you can reach the nearest loop).
- Do not decode a cipher near the area where you use your ability (especially if the Hunter is not chasing someone).
- Learn the layout and the kiting areas of the maps well. Remember that the location of the Hunter is displayed to you when you're close to them, even if there is a wall between you.
- If possible, leave rescuing to your other teammates and focus on decoding. You have a good decoding buff and are the team's main decoder. Try to decode as much as possible.
- Do not run to an exit gate immediately after popping the last cipher. Wait for the cane to charge up and use it to find out which gate the hunter is at. Go for the other gate.
- The Mind's Eye is not good for stealth, because when you walk the Hunter can hear you, and when you are crouched you don't see the map and the hunter's location.
- Cold is a good Talent for The Mind's Eye.
- Try to decode at areas where there are walls. You can see the Hunter through walls because of your ability, and it is easier to keep an eye of the Hunter and kite them around walls. Examples of these kiting areas are: the wall area near the exit gate in Leo's Memory, the wall area near the Factory in Leo's Memory, the wall area near the shack in Sacred Hearts Hospital. Do not decode out in the open.
- If you are certain in your ability to kite, have Great Power on your Persona Web for the Mind's Eye as Mind's Eye are good pallet stunners.
- When you use your cane, you can see three things. The first is the Hunter, who will be highlighted in red for everyone to see for approximately 10 seconds. The second, teammates who were moving at the time when you used your cane. The cane will not reveal teammates who were stationary when you were using your cane, for example, teammates who are decoding. The third, ciphers that have decoding progress. This is useful when you are trying to find and finish the last cipher as quickly as possible. The last two things can only be seen by you and will both be highlighted in white. Additionally, you gain a bit of sight after using you cane.
- Take note that there is a short animation when you use your cane. You cannot move during this time. Do not use the cane when kiting unless you are extremely sure you are in a safe position as the hunter can catch up to you.
- If it is absolutely necessary for you to rescue someone, use strike a bit of distance away from the rocket chair with the survivor to get a good look at where the hunter is, and the loop around to the other side of the rocket chair since the hunter is most likely to go towards where you strike. It's fine if you get hit, since Mind's Eye shouldn't have to rescue more than 1 survivor at most per game.
- You should use your cane after 3 or 4 seconds at the beginning of the match, since the hunter may be lagging and you won't know which direction they are walking in. Do not delay more than 6 seconds before using your cane, so it has time to reload.
- When kiting, only vault when you are decently far away from the hunter, since you have a debuff, so you can make use of broken windows without getting terror shocked.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- She is based on Helen Keller.
- She is unable to consume the Barmaid's alcohol, as she is underage. Another character that cannot consume the Barmaid's alcohol is the Coordinator.
- Her birthday is the 13th of January.
- She has good hearing and is good at writing poems.
- She hates sharp things.
- She likes poems and sweet food.
- She is calm, studious, stubborn and sympathetic.
- Helena's Hidden Achievement is called "Tracking the Sound", and requires the player to stun the Hunter with pallets four times.
- By deduction, she is the youngest character. She and the Coordinator are the only characters to be unable to consume the Barmaid's alcohol, so they must both be under 21 and the youngest characters. Since she hasn't gone to college, she is likely to be just out of high school. On the other hand, Coordinator has already been through military school, which should only be an option after high school.