"When she was young, Galatea always thought she was her creator's masterpiece, that is until destiny played a sick joke on her. But she was not distraught. A genius sculptor can sculpt a perfect destiny for herself."
Overview[edit | edit source]
Galatea is able to use her statues to inflict damage on survivors. By pressing and holding either of the two statue skill buttons, the player can adjust the position of the statues to be released. One set of statues will move vertically up and down, while the other, horizontally left and right.
When initially spawned, the statues will begin in the highlighted square corners and move towards the middle. Upon reaching the middle or hitting an obstacle, the statue will then move in the opposite direction until it hits another obstacle. Then, it will turn and move in the initial direction until in reaches the middle or hits an obstacle. Obstacles include players and map structures.
Survivors must be pushed into either a map structure or sandwiched between two statues to receive 0.25 damage.
Galatea can also utilize her chisel to construct a fixed area. While the area is active, Galatea can see the area from a bird's eye view and use her statues to attack. The player can still move her physical body.
This area lasts for a short period of time, and players can exit the area by nullifying the ability themselves (exit button), or by getting interrupted (for example, being stunned).
Background[edit | edit source]
Galatea was originally a mediocre sculptor. One day, she received an invitation letter. A mysterious wealthy businessman invited her to his house to make a statue of him. Galatea went there as an appointment and nobody knew about her journey.
After what happened, Galatea returned, exploding with a strong desire for creation and a dazzling sculpting talent. It seemed that her family was very happy, but gradually, they found out that Galatea often talked to the statues as if they were alive.
One night, Galatea's father discovered that his daughter was talking to the statue. Her enraged father picked up the statue and threw it off the terrace. Galatea jumped down along with it without hesitation, causing her to be diplegic.
Her family thought Galatea was insane so they sent her to a mental asylum. However, Galatea's condition didn't improve. She was beginning to refuse to communicate with living people. She would take everything out that could be sculpted at her hand, carve out the same face and name this face after her own name.
The hospital arranged her in a remote yard, leaving only a female nurse to look after her. One day, the nursing staff did not go to the main building to report Galatea's recent situation to the doctor as per usual. The doctor went to the yard to check on her and found out that Galatea was nowhere to be found and only a complete "masterpiece" was left in the ward.
External Traits[edit | edit source]
|Sculpture of Strength||Galatea's Sculpture can push Survivors by force. Pushing Survivors against obstacles will deal damage equal to half of a normal attack on them.
Sculptures are generated in pairs and will move towards each other at high speed once they have risen. If they hit an obstacle, they will return in the opposite direction. They will be destroyed if they hit an obstacle 3 times.
The generation of Sculptures is restricted by the terrain so that only one Sculpture will be generated when using the ability in certain special terrains.
Survivors will not suffer repeated damage from the Sculpture Crush within 1 second.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
These are four Abilities that are unique to the Sculptor:
|Sculpture of Wisdom||Galatea summons a pair of sculptures side-by-side at the target location.
Cooldown: 16/2 seconds
|Sculpture of Agility||Galatea summons a pair of sculptures one in front of another at the target location.
Cooldown: 16/2 seconds
|Hieroglyphic Graveyard||Galatea throws out a weapon toward the target location. Once the weapon lands, a Hieroglyphic Graveyard with a wide range will be generated.|
For the next 16 seconds, Galatea will look down on the Hieroglyphic Graveyard from the creator's perspective and make sculptures inside, during which she can move but not perform most actions such as normal attacks.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
|Sculpture of Nobility||When two different sculptures collide, they will merge into the Sculpture of Nobility and immediately charge towards the nearest Survivor within 36 meters. It will shatter when it hits the target or an obstacle, dealing damage equal to half of a regular attack to all Survivors within a small range.|
If there isn't any targets nearby, the Sculpture of Nobility will shatter immediately upon formation.
Deduction Target[edit | edit source]
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||N/A||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||N/A|
|Checkmate||S12 Essence 2||Will castling be the winning move? ([Limited] Costume, only available in S12 Essence 2.)||N/A|
|"Maria"||Season 15 Essence 2||An isolated village caught in a cruel cycle of punishment. A poor girl was chosen as the martyr. Yet her resentment was directed not toward this horrifying torture device, but those ruthless cowards.||N/A|
|Pawn||N/A||To checkmate or to be sacrificed? That is the question.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Court 3 Commissioner||Memory Sphere Season 13||As faith retreats into the shadows, the sinner's venom corrodes the last of my mercy.||N/A|
|Wheelchair Racer||Abyss Treasure||As one of the founders of the Medical Enterprise, she attends races just to witness whether this grand parade can welcome the birth of something new once again.||N/A|
|Sanguine||Abyss Treasure||I dislike the sanguine color of the clear winter sky - it creates a false impression of warmness.||N/A|
|Endgame Check||S14 Rank Treasure||One step untaken on the road to power.
Tips[edit | edit source]
As Hunter[edit | edit source]
- The sculpting knife has the range of 3-4 survivors normal and 4 or so when charged.
- Corner the survivor against a pallet or wall with the statues and then hit them.
- Her normal attack is difficult to aim because it’s small. Focus on tricking survivors so you can terror shock them.
As Survivor[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Most Galatea players carry teleport and blink.
- Statues can only go straight until the third presence so just try to avoid them.
- Statues recharge quickly. Galatea is like Guard 26 and waits to terror shock you.
Kiting[edit | edit source]
- It’s okay to take a hit from the statues; just keep moving to keep space.
- You want to be at least 5 spaces ahead of Galatea.
- Her statues will absolutely get you if you try to linger near pallets and then she’ll hit you.
- The best way to kite is around objects so you can stand between them; the statues can’t get you, but you must move quickly enough to avoid the sculpting knife.
- The statues may be used as bait to trick you into juking into her. Instead, dodge them as best as you can and do get closer to her than you already are. It is best to put more distance between you.
- You can juke her by going near the arm without the knife or staying behind her. Her attack box is like Geisha’s.
- Avoid vaulting if she’s less than 5 spaces away because her knife will get you or the statues will corner you.
- Avoid tight spaces.
- Use similar tactics to when kiting Guard 26, Violinist, Herald, or Gamekeeper.
- Avoid vaulting and never stop moving.
- Take sharp turns.
- Keep an eye on the statues and their range.
- If you have to take a hit to get a speed boost, that’s okay.
Rescues[edit | edit source]
- When Galatea throws the knife, she can control the statues for about 30 seconds.
- Instant rescues are unexpected but difficult. It’s similar as rescuing from Guard 26. It is recommended to bring Tide Turner.
- If you get put in the basement, it is recommended to only have someone rescue if Galatea is not camping.
- When she spams statues, take a sharp turn and leave the kiting area immediately and head for a new one.
- Mercenary is one of the best rescuers for her.
- If you have a Mercenary, they need to “instant rescue” because avoiding the statues can take up to 20 seconds (half or a little past half depending on the survivor).
- Forward or Coordinator is quite effective against Galatea, since they can stun and insta-rescue upon the chairing animation of Galatea.
- However, Gravedigger can be smacked out of his tunnel and get hit again by the statues.
- Wildling is good for his boar but don’t try to rescue as him without it.
- Acrobat should be a co-rescuer or rescuer against Galatea.
- He can juke, and can jump away from both her and her statues if need be.
- Galatea hovers near pallets and windows, meaning Acrobat can just jump over. Galatea is kind of a slow speed hunter, so his speed gives him a huge advantage.
- Acrobat is especially useful on the Riverside Park map, where he can jump over crates and barrels. Sharp corners are Galatea’s issues when it comes to chasing because she gets stuck on them easily; Riverside has plenty sharp corners for Acrobat to take advantage of.
- Most importantly, Acrobat can cancel out her skills by using his Fire Bomb. Since her statues are her biggest asset, Fire Bomb will be debilitating against Galatea.
- Enchantress's power works similarly.